Saturday, March 10, 2007

Nina Ricci RTW F/W 2007 in Paris Fashion Week




So here it comes! The long anticipated Olivier Theyskens for Nina Ricci collection! I must say I was quite surprised by this collection when I saw it, not in a bad way though. I expected something really feminine and romantic, but this collection is actually more sporty that I thought it would be. Monotone is a main theme throughout the collection and I must say I am really impressed by the way Olivier did monotone. I could never have imagined black, white, gray and sporty clothes can look this romantic! the bright tone of grey gives a lift to the looks and make it really light and almost heavenly. The collection emcompassed the en vogue futuristic look yet the romantic undertone make it almost celestrial to me, I feel like I could fly in these clothes! I also like the Citron Yellow dresses a lot. This is a similar dress with the one Reese Witherspoon stunned everyone at Oscar, yet the limone tone makes the dress really refreshing and project a stronger, edgier image versus the more traditional femininity in purple and pink. I also like the footwear a lot. The Grecian lace up contribute greatly to the celestial look that I mentioned, and the interesting shaped lucite heels add to the futuristic look. Olivier demonstrates a perfect balance of avant-garde fashion sense and romance, which makes the pieces edgy yet surprisingly wearable.







No comments: