Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Dolce and Gabbana RTW F/W 2007 in Milan Fashion Week




I'll be blunt here, this taste level is simply unacceptable for top tier designers like Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana....I know breaking up and still working together is tough, but that isn't a good excuse for putting together these Christmas gift wrap and call them designer fashion! I know winter is holiday season, but this festivity has gone too far. I don't understand that distracting sheer on top of the leopard print that keeps recurring throughout the collection, I just dont' get it. And that shinny red dress that resembles the gift wrap that got bunched together after being torn off a Christmas gift? That shinny shirt with print of woman bosoms with some hair? Where did the Dolce and Gabbana that created sexy, wild, feminine, perfectly tailored clothing go? The 4 dresses below are not as horrifying, they are actually quite well done. These metallics add glamour, yet they are refined and do not appear too heavy. The body conscious cut and light weight fabric add a bit of sexiness and romance to it. Although they aren't anything so innovative, they are at least decent and look good! What I don't get is that cheap looking S and M looking thick belt that keeps appearing in almost every dress. These belts totally destroy the look and are extremely distracting. When I was browsing through this collection, all I wanted to do was to rip those belt off those models and see the dresses finally!


No comments: