Sunday, March 4, 2007

Chloe RTW F/W 2007 in Paris Fashion Week



This is the debut collection that Paolo Melim Andersson from Marni has designed for the house of Chloe. His timely arrival seriously saved Chloe from going down after Phoebe Philo's departure. His collection for Chloe incorporates the key trends of the season: the vivid colour with black and grey, patent leather, metallic...etc, yet it stands out from many of the other much similar collections. I love the way he uses orange as the key vivid hue throughout the collection and avoided the colours such as cobalt blue and fuschia, which are already almost overdone by everyone throughout S/S 2007 to F/W 2007. The bright orange that he used is a particularly fine colour for fall as wearing orange in summer makes a person appearing too hot, but worn in fall would give out a warm, meanwhile refreshing, feel. And I like the prints on the white top in the first picture a lot (it also appeared on other pieces, I love the version on a shift dress!), they are relatively subtle and has a bit of Parisienne poetic touch to it. I think Paolo has done a better job in this season as oppose to S/S 2007 in incorporating metallic details. The metallic decorations look much more comfortable and refined with the grey and black dresses, and they still look edgy, and very Chloe. Although I liked most of the clothing pieces, I'm not so sure about the accesories. I am a big fan of Chloe's matching romantic feminine flowy clothing with rough and edgy bag and shoes concept. I liked the chunky shoes by Chloe in the past seasons but I'm really not a fan of these Dr. Martin inspired chunky ankle boots and shoes. They look clumsy and simply not-feminine to me. Same with the bags, they look too bulky and difficult to carry around.

No comments: