Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Lanvin RTW F/W 2007 in Paris Fashion Week


How can I not love Alber Elbaz? He has created yet another innovative and chic collection for Lanvin!! This collection is quite an extension of S/S 2007, with similar colour theme and clean simple silhouettes. I absolutely love the way Alber did shines. The patent shoes and boots have the classic cut that gives your feet a nice shape, while just the right dose of bold straps and details make them futuristic chic, love it! And I seriously adore the Lanvin lucite. Alber always manges to use lucite in the right places to give everything the extra edge. He just manages to make the chunky lucite necklaces and bangles look so sleek! I am most impressed by the lucite decoration on the tunic dresses. When I saw the tunic dresses from afar, I loved the way there is just one big shinny flower below the shoulder, leaving a clean neck line for the dress. When I see the close up I was even more amazed! The lucite flower-like decoration just look so modern and so cool! Who else can think of such ingenious way to accesorize with lucite? Another great thing is, there is just the right amount of shine in each look, to keep the look minimal and not overdone. There is one thing that I am upset about though: after producing such beautiful bags last season, and giving us a fair amount of preview of his brilliant accesories design, Alber is being such a tease by only giving us glimpse of a couple of bag designs on his show! Leaving us longing and craving to see his line of bags to come out!

No comments: